2016 East Down Interclub league. 3 local clubs – La Lanterne Rouge CC, Shimna Wheelers and Killinchy CC.
Calendar updated 23/02/17
4th April KCC 10 mile 2up Shrigley -D’cross – Shrigley
18th April LLRC 10 mile 2up Spa – Seaforde -Spa
2nd May SW 10 mile 2up Bann rd Castlewellan
16th May KCC 9.5 mile Balloo -B’gowan -Carrickmannon
30th May LLRC 10 mile Guiness – Dromara – Guiness
13th June SW 10 mile Lacken rd Castlewellan
?th June ALL clubs Bishopscourt races / youth / BBQ
27th June KCC 10 mile D’patrick – Killyleagh – D’patrick
4th July LLRC 11 mile B’patrick – Bishopscourt – D’patrick
18th July SW 7 mile Hill climb Bryansford rd Newcastle
Everyone must sign a Disclaimer Form on the night.
- Racers MUST have a suitable license, ie Cycling Ireland “Limited Competition” or “Full Competition” or CTC alternatives. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- You are responsible for your own safety. Obey traffic laws. The road is not closed for the event. You are deemed to be a regular road user.
- Line up at the starting line on the hard shoulder in departure number order. Stay off the travelled part of the roadway.
- Must have a rear light.
- Missing your start time means you go last.
- Respect the rights of other road users. Allow plenty of room when passing pedestrians or other cyclists.
- Do not ride with your head down.
- A marshal is on duty to mark the turnaround point or junction and to vouch that riders reach the turnaround point. The marshal is not authorized to advise you on whether you should turn.
- The decision to turn is yours alone. You must check in both directions well in advance of the turnaround point to determine whether it is safe to turn. If in doubt, err on the side of waiting.
- Helmet use is mandatory.
- Warming up on the course after the first rider is away is forbidden. Plenty of room in the opposite direction!
- No drafting is allowed ..ie.. sitting behind another rider.
- Call out your name loud and clear as you approach and cross the finish line
- NO I-Pods / MP3 devices
- Riders shall not approach the timekeepers for times until all riders are finished
- All participants, marshals and time keepers must sign the disclaimer form